[Samba] DC disaster recovery

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 14 07:33:13 UTC 2020

If your runing XEN (XCP-NG), which im also using.

I use the automated snapshots, and this.
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xencenter/7-1/vms-snapshots-export.html

That should give an resonable backup.
XOA, yes thats looks nice also, i never used it.

If you have only 1 XEN server, i would just pickup an pc, or buy a second hand server
and install XEN and run a second DC Or just add a second DC somewhere,
save you in case of disaster recovery a lot of troubles.

You can add one a a cloud, but the dont forget to configure the GPO's and then
make sure you assign the server in lan for resolving and authenticion.
The cloud one is then only the backup DC.

Just an extra idea.

Greetz,

Louis