[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 8 08:13:37 UTC 2020

On 08/07/2020 08:06, Enrico Morelli wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 13:03:50 +0100
> Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> The problem from my point of view is, I cannot recreate the crash. My
>> feelings are that the OP hasn't set up the share correctly, or hasn't
>> mapped root to Administrator. I am testing using a share on a
>> raspberrypi and even if I change the directory owner to 'pi', it does
>> not crash Windows explorer.
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> I followed the Samba guide to setup everything but a lot of things
> doesn't works for me.
> Now I'm able to create the share and set permissions (using the patch)
> but I'm unable to enter to the Windows client with new users.

Enrico, please do not think I am trying to get at you, perhaps I could
have worded that better, but I just dashed off a reply.

The problem is that I am not the one who has control  of your network
and can only offer advice from a distance. As I said, I cannot get the
latest Win10 to crash and Windows has admitted that this is their
problem if it does crash.

Can you please download this:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Run it on the Samba machine that you are trying to connect Windows to
and the post the output, do not attach it to the post, this list strips
attachments.

Perhaps you have some small setting wrong :-(

Rowland