[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Wed Jul 8 07:06:05 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 13:03:50 +0100
Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 01/07/2020 12:47, Robert T. Wagner via samba wrote:

> >> Now I think about it, we have had this before and it is a Windows
> >> bug, if I remember correctly, someone at Windows was supposed to
> >> be looking into it.
> >>
> >> Rowland
> >>
> > Yes, this was a short discussion a year ago with no outcome, till I
> > found by accident the post from Julia with the patch a few months
> > ago.
> >
> > Lets put it this way: Explorer shouldn't crash, when Samba is
> > sending nonsense, when a user is mis-using an AD-DC as member
> > server ;-)
>
> The problem from my point of view is, I cannot recreate the crash. My
> feelings are that the OP hasn't set up the share correctly, or hasn't
> mapped root to Administrator. I am testing using a share on a
> raspberrypi and even if I change the directory owner to 'pi', it does
> not crash Windows explorer.
>
> Rowland

I followed the Samba guide to setup everything but a lot of things
doesn't works for me.
Now I'm able to create the share and set permissions (using the patch)
but I'm unable to enter to the Windows client with new users.

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY