[Samba] (no subject)

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 3 20:23:46 UTC 2020

On 03/07/2020 13:41, jmpatagonia via samba wrote:
> Hello Rowland, still not working, I try to use getent differents ways and
> not working, I believe we are try to update/migrate to samba 4 AD, for us
> this a big project because we have a lot of users (about 600) and there
> separated on different building, we need to keep the users password and we
> need to try that all PC working actually with windows xp/7 not join to
> domain again if not is a big work.

OK, sorry for being a bit quiet, been a bit busy, but I now have
something I haven't had for a long time, an NT4-style PDC and client
running in VM's and they work.

I based the smb.conf files around yours, so we just need to find out the
differences between your set up and mine, one big difference is that I
used Samba 4.9.5 running on Devuan, but I do not think this will be a
problem.

Rowland