[Samba] (no subject)

Dale samba at txschroeder.family
Thu Jul 2 21:14:25 UTC 2020

On 7/2/20 1:45 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 02/07/2020 18:27, jmpatagonia via samba wrote:
>> 1) Does 'getent passwd policia\gafranchello' produce output when run
>> on a
>> Unix client ?
>> If try to logon on unis console
>>
>> --> auth.log
>> Jul  2 14:13:59 samba-cliente sshd[11654]: Invalid user
>> POLICIA+gafranchello from 172.33.10.1
>
> Try adding these lines to all of your Unix machines:
>
> client max protocol = NT1
> server max protocol = NT1
>
> They will force your Samba machines to use SMBv1 and you need it for
> an NT4-style domain (so yet another reason to upgrade)
>
> I take it that the machine is running headless, so can you log in via
> ssh as a Unix user and run the getent command ?
>
> Until your users are known via 'getent' or 'id', then you will not get
> Samba to work correctly.
>
>> The think is very complex because we have various products
>> authenticating
>> whith ldap squid/git/syspass/moodle/openfire/zentyal/etc  and we are
>> modified and adapted the ldap schema with some ldap entries for this
>> products, the samba schema in the same schema (we have only one lsap
>> schema), and we interactive with this via a ad hoc developed interface.
>> Change or update samba to samba 4 AD implies that we have change the
>> unis
>> schema, receding the interface, proves, etc it is to much time.
> Not half as much time as you will spend if your domain totally stops
> working. Take smbldap-tools for instance, this isn't just EOL, it is
> dead and disappeared, you cannot find the source code repository
> anywhere on the internet, it is no longer maintained, so sooner or
> later it will be removed by the distro's.
Oddly enough, after languishing untouched for nearly 8 years, Debian has
had 3 smbldap-tools updates this year, although you will need to use
Bullseye to get the updates.

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/smbldap-tools

https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/s/smbldap-tools/smbldap-tools_0.9.11-1_changelog

Dale