[Samba] dns replication error due to deleted records

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Oct 11 17:50:31 UTC 2019

El 11/10/19 a les 17:29, Rowland penny via samba ha escrit:
> On 11/10/2019 16:02, Luca Olivetti via samba wrote:
>> El 11/10/19 a les 16:59, Luca Olivetti via samba ha escrit:
>>> El 11/10/19 a les 16:12, Rowland penny via samba ha escrit:

>>> The list is too long to post here.
>>
>> it's here:
>>
>> https://pastebin.com/UFEPvgjX
>

> Your main problem appears to be that you have a lot of duplicate objects
> in the DNSDOMAIN context, these are the records with '0ACNF' in them.
>
> Have you stopped your Windows clients from updating their own records ?
>
> As you are using dhcp, I would delete all those records (they will get
> recreated if required), then run on the DC with the PDC Emulator FSMO role:
>
> samba-tool drs replicate <destinationDC> <sourceDC>

I'll try this on Monday, but I don't understand why this happened. After
all I never modified directly the database (I just did that now to
delete the records that stopped the replication), I only used published
interfaces (either rsat, policy editor, windows dns or samba-tool).

And should I worry about the differences in versionNumber, pwLastSet,
dnsRecord?

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007