[Samba] dns replication error due to deleted records

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 11 15:29:59 UTC 2019

On 11/10/2019 16:02, Luca Olivetti via samba wrote:
> El 11/10/19 a les 16:59, Luca Olivetti via samba ha escrit:
>> El 11/10/19 a les 16:12, Rowland penny via samba ha escrit:
>>> Try running this on a DC:
>>>
>>> samba-tool ldapcmp ldap://DC1 ldap://DC2
>>> --filter='whenChanged,dc,DC,cn,CN,ou,OU'
>>>
>>> Replace 'DC1' and 'DC2' with your actual DC short hostnames
>>>
>>> It should tell you the differences.
>>
>> The list is too long to post here.
>
> it's here:
>
> https://pastebin.com/UFEPvgjX

Your main problem appears to be that you have a lot of duplicate objects
in the DNSDOMAIN context, these are the records with '0ACNF' in them.

Have you stopped your Windows clients from updating their own records ?

As you are using dhcp, I would delete all those records (they will get
recreated if required), then run on the DC with the PDC Emulator FSMO role:

samba-tool drs replicate <destinationDC> <sourceDC>

Rowland