[Samba] Samba 4.8 Config SMB.Conf File

Mike Ray mray at xes-inc.com
Thu Mar 14 18:07:37 UTC 2019

I am having similar issues going form 4.7.12 to 4.8.9

Previous smb.conf on a member server just no longer IDs users.

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g return proper information; however, id does not.

The error appears to be in mapping SIDs.

# wbinfo -n user
<sid>
# wbinfo -S <sid>
ailed to call wbcSidToUid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not convert sid <sid> to uid

Notably, I do use the 'ad' backend.

Tyrus -- does "wbinfo -S <sid>" work for you?