[Samba] Samba 4.8 Config SMB.Conf File

Tyrus Shivers tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com
Fri Mar 15 12:59:11 UTC 2019

Mike

When I run wbinfo -S <sid> I get:

failed to call wbcStringtoSid: WBC_ERR_INVALID_PARAM
Could not convert sid <sid> to uid

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:08 PM Mike Ray via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> I am having similar issues going form 4.7.12 to 4.8.9
>
> Previous smb.conf on a member server just no longer IDs users.
>
> wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g return proper information; however, id does not.
>
> The error appears to be in mapping SIDs.
>
> # wbinfo -n user
> <sid>
> # wbinfo -S <sid>
> ailed to call wbcSidToUid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
> Could not convert sid <sid> to uid
>

> Notably, I do use the 'ad' backend.
>

> Tyrus -- does "wbinfo -S <sid>" work for you?
>

> ----- On Mar 14, 2019, at 12:58 PM, samba samba at lists.samba.org wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 13:39:31 -0400
> > Tyrus Shivers <tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com> wrote:
> >
> >> removed sssd.
> >> removed all sss occurrences and winbind from the shadow line.
> >> Selinux is disabled.
> >> firewalld is disabled.
> >>
> >> not sure if there is a difference but I have smb and winbind, I do
> >> not have nmbd or smbd.
> >>
> >> /etc/resolv.conf
> >>
> >> search mydomain.com
> >> nameserver "ipaddress for DC1"
> >> nameserver "ipaddress for DC2"
> >>
> >> Still no such user after restarting the services and executing net
> >> cache flush.
> >>

> > This is very strange, it normally just works, it is usually the 'ad'
> > backend that gives trouble.
> >
> > When you posted your smb.conf, you didn't head it with '[global]', I
> > take it that is there.
> >
> > Have you tried running 'testparm' just in case there is a typo or
> > something.
> >
> > Have you tried leaving and rejoining the domain.
> >
> > Does 'wbinfo -u | grep username' produce output ?
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> > --

V/R
Tyrus Shivers
Bestgate Engineering LLC
Direct: (410) 872-2457
tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com

<tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com>
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may be privileged and confidential and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient of this message.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
retention, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in, or attached to this e-mail transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at
the above number and delete this e-mail message and its attachments.