[Samba] replication fails

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Mar 13 16:13:07 UTC 2019

Am 13.03.19 um 16:53 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> Hai Stefan,
>

>> ;-)
>>
>> 3000 errors ... I mean ... what?
> No.. Not error, out of sync objects.
>

>> ~30 users: small
> Ok thats small, a dc should be rebooted within 1-2 min and 1-2 min really max for AD sync.
>

>> maybe I risk a DC1 reboot after 6pm
>> Not much time tmrw, so I am hesitating. Otherwise I'd like to have it
>> solved (again/for a a while).
>
> If you talking about "risking" a reboot, then you really not sure about the setup, correct?
>
> This is the part you need to work on, really.. Make more stable setup's, and know your reboot time.
> Because if i want to reboot a server here, i reboot it.  DC's members.. All, except one, my mail server.
> Yes, even when everybody is working. ( between 60-100 users )
> I'm that confident, it good and nothing happens after a reboot.

Well, normally I *am* confident with my servers.

But when out of the blue, without me touching anything, such an
important "backend" starts "new behavior" ... this makes me nervous.

Trying to fix it since 11am sounds and feels like "working on it" to me.

(frustrated)

I basically run 2 samba-based ADS-envs for customers and you ml-guys
have seen and discussed these configs for years now (every few months
something comes up).

I ask, try my best to follow the suggestions, do updates etc .. then
things work. Until the next issue, then I post, and magically another
line or parameter is missing ...

pls understand my frustration now and then.

And also understand my appreciation for all the help on my way.