[Samba] replication fails

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 13 15:53:14 UTC 2019

Hai Stefan,

> ;-)
>
> 3000 errors ... I mean ... what?
No.. Not error, out of sync objects.

> ~30 users: small
Ok thats small, a dc should be rebooted within 1-2 min and 1-2 min really max for AD sync.

> maybe I risk a DC1 reboot after 6pm
> Not much time tmrw, so I am hesitating. Otherwise I'd like to have it
> solved (again/for a a while).

If you talking about "risking" a reboot, then you really not sure about the setup, correct?

This is the part you need to work on, really.. Make more stable setup's, and know your reboot time.
Because if i want to reboot a server here, i reboot it.  DC's members.. All, except one, my mail server.
Yes, even when everybody is working. ( between 60-100 users )
I'm that confident, it good and nothing happens after a reboot.

> > Tested on Debian 9 servers.
> >
> > Improvements, suggestions, well its on github..
> > Or pm me.
>
> Will read and test, thanks!

I think it wil help you but not for the current problem.

For that you need to reboot you DC's first.
PS. You might want to set on  DC2 the resolv.conf nameserver IP1_of DC1 as first.
Then reboot, after reboot, check the sync, if its ok, change the resolving back on DC2.

Greetz,

Louis