[Samba] Problem after deleting a DNS zone

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:36:50 UTC 2019

I've seen this behaviour:

1. Create a new DNS zone,eg: example.com
2. Create a independent DNS server that is now authoritative to example.com
3. On samba delete the example.com zone with samba-tool samba-tool dns
delete.....

The result is that using samba as DNS server it does not resolve example.com
through recursive query and fails

Am I the only one with issue? I've found a workaround runninf:

samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix and then restarting the service

but it would nice that that was fixed. Or is there a proper way of deleting
zones that I don't know?

Samba version is 2:4.9.3 from Van Belle repo on Debian Stretch.

Thanks in advance.
Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org