[Samba] <printername>.tdb error management...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jun 27 13:37:00 UTC 2019

Mandi! L.P.H. van Belle via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Hm, it looks like something is corrupting that tdb file.
> Even if you thing this is a rare problem, i suggest report this, because we really dont want tdb file to get corrupted.

Ok.
I add a note: looking better at logs, i've noted that other printer's
.tdb files seems corrupted, but printing work as expected...

> Few questions.
> What is the underlaying filesystem?

ext4.

> Have you checked on for bad sectors on your disk ( in logs)

It is a proxmox cluster, with storage on a SAN.
Sme month ago i've got some ('software') disk trouble, now fixed. So,
corruption could be ''historical''.

> Which drivers are you using for that Samsung ML-5010ND printer currently?

Samsung Postscript.

> .. how i know it printer name, google, that showed a message of last year ;-)

?!

> And the output of: dpkg -l | grep tdb

root at vdmsv1:~# dpkg -l | grep tdb
ii  libtdb1:amd64                      1.3.16+nmu-1.1~deb9               amd64        Trivial Database - shared library
ii  python-tdb                         1.3.16+nmu-1.1~deb9               amd64        Python bindings for TDB
ii  tdb-tools                          1.3.16+nmu-1.1~deb9               amd64        Trivial Database - bundled binaries

> And for now that workaround it the only i know/would suggest.

Ok. Thanks.