[Samba] Raise Domain functional level to 2012_R2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 13 16:55:42 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 20:48 +0530, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to raise the Domain functional level to 2012_R2 from 2008
> R2
> using samba-too domain raise --domain-level=DOMAIN_LEVEL command. But
> am receiving the error "ERROR: Domain function level can't be higher
> than the lowest function level of a DC!". How do we actually raise
> the
> lowest functional level to change the functional & forest level?
>
> Samba Version is 4.10.4

Samba does not support functional level 2012R2 as a DC.  We know what
is needed, but are currently seeking the resources to take on the task.
The first element is to complete the upgrade of Heimdal so we can
support FAST, which will in turn allow development of Claims, one of
the major features in this functional level.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/