[Samba] How to fix mapping Administrator to root

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 5 09:10:47 UTC 2019

On 05/06/2019 09:51, adam_xu at adagene.com.cn wrote:
> Hi Rowland ,
>
> In some scenarios, we have hundreds
> of shared folders. We don't want users to see too many folders, so we configure share permissions and set
> "hide unreadable = yes" in smb.conf. then users can only see the
> folder that he or she has permissions. This is why we do something in
> "share" tab.

Using 'hide unreadable' in smb.conf should have no bearing on the
'share' tab, it hides files that users cannot read, it does not hide the
share. If you want to hide the entire share from Windows clients, then
place a '$' on the end of the share name in smb.conf e.g. [share]
becomes [share$], this would hide it from everyone though.

Just what are you trying to add or remove from the 'share' tab ?

Rowland