[Samba] Need help on Samba authentication with ldap

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jul 14 17:29:30 UTC 2019

On 14/07/2019 18:22, Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We configured the /etc/ldap/ldap.conf to make sure the server checks the correct ldap domain for authentication.
>
> Can you please let me know what is missing the smb.conf to make sure it goes to ldap.

Not until you answer my questions.

Why do you have to use ldap for authentication ?

Why can you not join this computer to the AD domain ?

What is the DC ?

Failure to answer these questions will mean I will not reply to any
further posts.

I am trying to help you here, you really do not want to use ldap unless
as a last resort.

Rowland