[Samba] Managing samba ad dc with systemd

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 29 06:45:56 UTC 2019

Hai,

Well, im getting also out of options.
The service files as shown by me and rowland, are correct.

One i dont know, this server, did it have samba (as package) installed some day? And its removed?
Then, i think there is still some left over from a packaged samba install.
All i can think off atm, and thats also what i mostly see on the internet with the error 127.

Check in the folder /etc/init.d/ , if you see something of "winbind samba smbd nmbd".
If so, backup it, and remove it from /etc/init.d/

Then stop/start samba
Run run : journalctl -r -u samba -u bind9

The error 127 is a "command not found"
So does this exist? /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba
I think that is ..  /usr/local/sbin/samba

You could install mlocate and run updatedb && locate samba
Or use find and track all files with samba in it.

And/or, this is problely somethink simpel, we are not seeing.
Think in, missing or wrong/corrupted file, or missing exec right on samba or missing folder.
Of left overs from a previous (packaged) install exists.

Try above things, and let us know the results.

Greetz,

Louis