[Samba] Managing samba ad dc with systemd

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 26 16:58:11 UTC 2019

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 13:32:32 -0300
Igor Sousa <igorvolt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rowland,
>
> I was thinking if I did anything wrong, but your clarification
> cleared my mind. I appreciate your help.
>
> I'm waiting if other person had a same issue and solved it.

My last thought was, how does Fedora do this ?
The following is based on Fedora's unit file:

[Unit]
Description=Samba AD Daemon
Documentation=man:samba(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5)
Wants=network-online.target
After=network.target network-online.target

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/usr/local/samba/var/run/samba.pid
LimitNOFILE=16384
#EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/samba
ExecStart=/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba --foreground --no-process-group $SAMBAOPTIONS
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
#Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Rowland