[Samba] multiple domain served by Samba

Németh Ákos Ferenc nemethakos at f-labor.mkt.bme.hu
Mon May 14 14:19:21 UTC 2018

Hi All,

thanks for the reply.

Because of the small size of the second company I don't really want to
create a container for them (and configure all of the services for
them). I'm wondering if it is possible to create an 'alias' for a domain
(like I do it with Exim and vhosts or Apache and vhosts). In this
imagined world everybody would be able to login to the clients and
services as 'company\user' and 'othercompany\user' with the same
username and password. ...and I would tell the othercompany's users,
please use othercompany\user form and for my company's users that please
use company\user form (like they already do this). ...and if the second
company is larger, I can migrate them easily to an own 'server' / container.

Thank you in advance.

Br,
Ákos

PS: I'm really satisfied with Samba AD, it works like I expected. (The
only thing is that the AD DC linux machine can't use the RFC fields to
determine the home directory and the shell. If it worked, I would be the
happiest of the office. :-) ) Thank you Samba guys, you saved me from
buying of an M$ server. :-)

Üdv,
Németh Ákos

e-mail: nemethakos at f-labor.mkt.bme.hu