[Samba] Delete machine account from AD to fix The trust relationship

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Mon May 14 11:14:05 UTC 2018

Hello Samba List,

I have a desktop with a clean full install of Windows 10 Pro 1709.

I have an entry in the Samba 4.7 AD for the machine account (from when it was Windows 7 Pro).

Windows 10 appears to join the Domain successfully.

When I try to log in with the DOMAIN\Administrator account I get the Windows error:-

"The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship."

Do I try the Windows 10 PowerShell Reset-ComputerMachinePassword fix or delete the Machine account from the Samba 4.7 AD?

If it's the latter, how do I do that?

    $ samba-tool user delete XXXXX

Thanks in advance.

Paul