[Samba] Delete machine account from AD to fix The trust relationship

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon May 14 12:51:04 UTC 2018

Follow these steps.

First try this,
Goto computer properties, Goto Change the computer/domainname.
Klik more options. Check if the primary dns is set.
Normaly its not needed to change things here.
Remove the computer from the domain.

With RSAT tools, check if everything is removed of the PC from the domain.
Cleanup the DNS before you re-join the pc.  (remove the A and PTR)
Cleanup the AD, ( OU=Computers )
Wait 1-2 minutes
Try Rejoin.

This, normaly works for me.

If that didnt work. Read , and yes it hints to RDP, im affected here on a few computers with this.
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mckittrick/unable-to-rdp-to-virtual-machine-credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation/

(* the direct link : https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4103727/windows-10-update-kb4103727 )
Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Device Guard, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows Hyper-V, Windows virtualization and kernel, HTML help, and Windows Server.
Im investigating this atm.

Greetz,

Louis