[Samba] Samba4 on Ubuntu 18.04

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 9 14:31:12 UTC 2018

Am 09.05.2018 um 15:24 schrieb James Dingwall via samba:
> systemd-resolved royally fubared DNS resolution and the DCs couldn't find each other.  Previously my resolv.conf entries were 127.0.0.1 and then the other DC.  Ensure that the systemd-resolved service is disabled before rebooting at the end of the upgrade

becaus enetwork-manager, dhcp and friends are a issue vritually forever
you simply should use chattr after your resolv.conf is finished

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/dhclient-etcresolvconf-hooks/

[root at rh:~]$ touch /etc/resolv.conf
touch: setting times of '/etc/resolv.conf': Operation not permitted

[root at rh:~]$ chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf