[Samba] The Roadmap

Davy Defaud davy.defaud at free.fr
Sun May 6 22:06:54 UTC 2018

Le 06/05/2018 à 22:34, Andrew Bartlett a écrit :
> On Sun, 2018-05-06 at 22:14 +0200, Davy Defaud via samba wrote:
>> So, what’s the current status now? I can see RODC and SUBDOMAIN on the
>> roadmap.
>> But, as there are not “FUNDED”, is there someone actually working on it?
>> If so, are they targeted for a particular version or just “when it’s ready”?
> RODC support has been funded as is pretty good as of 4.8.  There are
> still some limitations but they are greatly reduced.

I saw something about it in the 4.8 release notes, but I wasn’t sure
about the actual status.

> The roadmap needs a bit more love sadly.

Sure, it would avoid you to anwser inopportune questions like mine. ;-)

>  Subdomains need more work.  I
> got a fair bit going a while back (hence the option) be never got it
> finished, and the general suggestion is to have one large domain if
> possible anyway.

Anyway at the moment, there’s no choice. :-/

> The work on inter-forest trusts helps the subdomain stuff a lot, as
> there are common foundations, but there is still a lot to do.

That’s what I told myself, forest trusts must be a common thing.

Thank you very much for answering my questions Andrew and for all your
hard work.

Davy