[Samba] Congratulations!

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 6 20:49:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, 6 May 2018 22:14:38 +0200
Davy Defaud via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Le 06/05/2018 à 19:27, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :

> >> Dear Samba developers,
> >>
> >> I’m also more interested by child domains rather than sites. I know
> >> that it is not supported yet, but I wonder if SUBDOMAIN join
> >> option of samba-tool is supposed to be for creating a child domain.
> >>
> >> There’s no documentation entries to explain how it is supposed to
> >> work, but I can see the option in the samba-tool usage:

> >> and --parent-domain=PARENT_DOMAIN
> >>
> >> Any hint?
> >>
> > Yes, they don't work (yet). In fact, up until recently, the only
> > thing that worked was 'DC'
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> I guess MEMBER was also working.

No, sorry it isn't, well not from 'samba-tool domain join'

> So, what’s the current status now? I can see RODC and SUBDOMAIN on the
> roadmap.

'RODC' is now fairly stable.

> But, as there are not “FUNDED”, is there someone actually working on
> it? If so, are they targeted for a particular version or just “when
> it’s ready”?

'FUNDED' means that somebody has need for that particular part of
Samba and is willing to pay for development, so it will come sooner
rather than later. Anything else will only be worked on if a developer
finds a need or the time to work on it.

If you need something sooner rather than later, you can always write
your own patches ;-)

Rowland