[Samba] The Roadmap

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 6 20:34:14 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-05-06 at 22:14 +0200, Davy Defaud via samba wrote:

> So, what’s the current status now? I can see RODC and SUBDOMAIN on the
> roadmap.
> But, as there are not “FUNDED”, is there someone actually working on it?
> If so, are they targeted for a particular version or just “when it’s ready”?

RODC support has been funded as is pretty good as of 4.8.  There are
still some limitations but they are greatly reduced.

The roadmap needs a bit more love sadly.  Subdomains need more work.  I
got a fair bit going a while back (hence the option) be never got it
finished, and the general suggestion is to have one large domain if
possible anyway.

The work on inter-forest trusts helps the subdomain stuff a lot, as
there are common foundations, but there is still a lot to do.

Andrew Bartlett