[Samba] Centos 7 AD domain provision won't create named.conf

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:08:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

I think the author meant named.conf that is to be "included" into to
main named.conf. And he's right, that in samba 4.8.3 all bind related
files are not in /samba/private, as it used to, but rather in
/samba/bind-dns (named.keytab, named.conf that is to be included and all
other bind related files).

So he's right, that file "named.conf" that used to appear in
samba/private/ no longer appears there, as it was previously :).

Unless he meant full named.conf, than of course it should be in
/etc/named.conf on centos and you ought to manually add the include line
and tkey... line for secure updates.

Regards,

Kacper