[Samba] Centos 7 AD domain provision won't create named.conf

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 3 08:04:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 16:45:09 -0700
Alberto Moreno via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I'm preparing my migration from samab NT4 style to AD.
>
> I had follow some papers about, exist 1 step that I still don't if is
> right or don't.
>
> A lot of site show that once we run the command:
>
> samba-tool domain provision ...
> using BIND9_DLZ
>
> This step will create a named.conf inside ./private/named.conf

Close, but wrong ;-)

What webpage are you following ?
Whichever it is, STOP and read this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

and this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_BIND_DNS_Server

Yes, a 'named.conf' is created, but it is NOT the main named.conf, it
is one that needs to be included in your main named.conf.

Towards the end of the provision command output, you should find a line
similar to this:

See /var/lib/samba/private/named.conf for an example configuration
include file for BIND

This will show you where the file is and you will need to add a line to
your named conf files:

include "/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf";

Rowland