[Samba] DNS issues after upgrade

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Sat Jan 20 08:22:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

Last evening we upgraded one of our 4 Domain Controllers from 4.6.5 to
4.7.1 and all of a sudden the DNS resolution issue started. We are using
BIND9_DLZ back end.

This server we had upgraded has all 7 FSMO Roles. Some time back we
upgraded the other 3 servers from version 4.6.5 to 4.7.1 and there was
no issue at all.

I have also observed a very peculiar behaviour that is all of a sudden,
eventhough samba service is running, the Windows RSAT shows the servers
as down and again, we doing nothing, it comes up.

We are not seeing any peculiar error message either in samba logs or
named logs.

Could someone guide us forward?

--

Thanks & Regards,