[Samba] Samba Migration and AD integration

Praveen Ghimire PGhimire at sundata.com.au
Tue Feb 6 11:01:52 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,

Thank you.

Yes to the first point.

We are using Bind9 but to continue using it is not necessarily set in stone. If using Samba Internal DNS makes more sense then we can do that too. The question is do we need to do dns-upgrade and use Internal DNS, pre-migration?  Then use internal dns during the classic migration?  Also, I assume the bind9 service will have to stopped if infact we use the Internal DNS?

The DHCP is to stay with Samba server for now. Later on we can decide on moving it to the Windows server.

Hope I've clearly explained the situation.

Regards,

Praveen Ghimire