[Samba] Dual headed DC

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Aug 17 09:31:01 UTC 2018

> I know you say two IP ranges, but are you also thinking of two dns
> domains ?

No: one DNS domain.

> If you are only going to have one dns domain, then it should work, you
> will just have to create the required reverse zones and you will
> probably be better off using Bind9 instead of the internal dns server.

Why?
I'm using internal DNS right now; why would I be "better off" with
Bind9? What are the shortcomings of interna DNS?

> You will also probably be better off using 'sites' with at least one DC
> in each site.

Is this really needed?
Consider my "sites" would both be local and I would only have one
physical server facing both VLANs.

In any case, do you have a pointer to some documentation I can use
(especially WRT to DNS)?

  bye & Thanks
	av.