[Samba] 4.2.14 (or newer) support "Windows for Workgroups 3.1a"?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Apr 30 16:04:29 UTC 2018

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 17:26:58 +0200
Andrea Baldoni via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I need to let Windows for Workgroup 3.11 clients (industrial
> machinery) connect to shares in the PDC samba Version 4.2.14-Debian.

I had to read this several times to understand it, then a few more
because I didn't believe it.

Firstly, I think that you haven't got a PDC, you have an AD DC, the
'windows 2008 PDC' bit gave that away ;-)

You then want to use something that is clagged on top of DOS 6.22 and
get that to talk to AD, something that really doesn't understand
domains (the hint is in what it is called)

Can you post your smb.conf from the Samba DC

Rowland