[Samba] 4.2.14 (or newer) support "Windows for Workgroups 3.1a"?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:05:11 UTC 2018

I would check

client ldap sasl wrapping
client ipc signing
client signing
server signing

Depending on the samba version, the defaults may be different.

Assuming you did not change the default ports , which would be as follows

      smb ports = 445 139

Following the BADLOCK vulnerability, Microsoft released patches faster
than my OS provider did so I had to tinker with the above settings until
I restored functionality.

Of course, if your server is also supporting your "regular" users
(rather than the industrial machines) you are likely to break something
so you definitely want to have separate servers.   VM's are a pretty
easy way to implement additional servers with out consuming a lot of
hardware resources.