[Samba] Using GPO to mount shares on Linux

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 24 17:56:11 UTC 2017

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:30:23 +0200
Daniel Carrasco via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello, I answer bellow.
>
> Thanks!!

> <samba at lists.samba.org
> >:
>
> > Hai,
> >
> > I did a re-read of you thread.
> >
> > First.
> > If you use smblcient, with a samba installed, use -s
> > /path/alternative/smbclient.conf
> >

> I think that Samba is not installed on this client because I'm not
> using samba to join the domain. Just realmd, sssd and Kerberos.
> That's why there's no smb.conf file.
>

> > If i did read it correct.
> > Your connecting from  xUbuntu (samba version ??) to (debian8) samba
> > 4.2 member
> >
> > How did you join the xUbuntu?
> > https://docs.pagure.org/SSSD.sssd/users/ad_provider.html
> > Like this setup? ^^^
> >

> Now I don't know the samba version of the client because I cannot
> access to the computer, but looks like is the 4.5 version (xUbuntu
> 16.04 repository).
>
> I've used this guide:
> https://www.unixmen.com/how-to-join-an-ubuntu-desktop-into-an-active-directory-domain/

I am fairly sure I have said this before, but I will say it in a
different way.

If you are not using Samba, why are you asking on the Samba mailing
list ? How can your problem be with Samba, if you are not using it!

You are using sssd and realmd, these have nothing to do with Samba, so
I suggest you ask on the sssd-users mailing list.

Rowland