[Samba] Problem with AD DC

Ronald Vyhmeister ronald.vyhmeister at meu.edu.lb
Sun Oct 15 11:11:52 UTC 2017

Thank you for your reply. This was not a random link I followed. I have
reviewed the Samba documentation at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller,
and all the testing that is listed there results in correct and expected
answers... I had already noted the /etc/hosts situation, which interestingly
does not change the answers I get in testing (I've tried it both ways, just
in case).

The network manager is not running. The server is running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
without a GUI.

As I noted I can also connect to the server with the \\servername and
entering "administrator" as the username and then the password. No errors
there.

What I'm trying now to do is to join a Windows 10 box to the AD domain
served by SAMBA, and when I do that is when I get the error that the
username or password is incorrect.

Are there any restrictions on password contents? I am using a generated
password that contains plenty of special characters. I am not aware of any
(and would hope they don't exist).

Thanks again for your feedback. I hope we can find the solution!

Ron

Ronald Vyhmeister, PhD
Academic Dean
Middle East University
Beirut, Lebanon
ronald.vyhmeister at meu.edu.lb
Mobile:+961-81767015
Technology is dominated by two kinds of people:
Those who manage what they do not understand
and those who understand that which they do not manage.