[Samba] RSAT Print Management won't show shared printers underthe "Printers" section

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 11 13:20:26 UTC 2017

+  ( grr ctrl+e again.. ) now i go disable these shortcut key first.

And no messages in the windows event logs. So very annoying to find.

Package list debian.
ii  cups                                  2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - PPD/driver support, web interface
ii  cups-browsed                          1.11.6-3                       amd64        OpenPrinting CUPS Filters - cups-browsed
ii  cups-bsd                              2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD commands
ii  cups-client                           2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client programs (SysV)
ii  cups-common                           2.2.1-8                        all          Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - common files
ii  cups-core-drivers                     2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - PPD-less printing
ii  cups-daemon                           2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - daemon
ii  cups-filters                          1.11.6-3                       amd64        OpenPrinting CUPS Filters - Main Package
ii  cups-filters-core-drivers             1.11.6-3                       amd64        OpenPrinting CUPS Filters - PPD-less printing
ii  cups-ppdc                             2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - PPD manipulation utilities
ii  cups-server-common                    2.2.1-8                        all          Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server common files
ii  krb5-config                           2.6                            all          Configuration files for Kerberos Version 5
ii  krb5-locales                          1.15-1                         all          internationalization support for MIT Kerberos
ii  krb5-user                             1.15-1                         amd64        basic programs to authenticate using MIT Kerberos
ii  libcups2:amd64                        2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - Core library
ii  libcupscgi1:amd64                     2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - CGI library
ii  libcupsfilters1:amd64                 1.11.6-3                       amd64        OpenPrinting CUPS Filters - Shared library
ii  libcupsimage2:amd64                   2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - Raster image library
ii  libcupsmime1:amd64                    2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - MIME library
ii  libcupsppdc1:amd64                    2.2.1-8                        amd64        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - PPD manipulation library
ii  libgssapi-krb5-2:amd64                1.15-1                         amd64        MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
ii  libkrb5-3:amd64                       1.15-1                         amd64        MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
ii  libkrb5support0:amd64                 1.15-1                         amd64        MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Support library
ii  libnss-winbind:amd64                  2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Samba nameservice integration plugins
ii  libpam-krb5:amd64                     4.7-4                          amd64        PAM module for MIT Kerberos
ii  libpam-winbind:amd64                  2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Windows domain authentication integration plugin
ii  libwbclient0:amd64                    2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Samba winbind client library
ii  python-samba                          2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Python bindings for Samba
ii  samba                                 2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii  samba-common                          2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             all          common files used by both the Samba server and client
ii  samba-common-bin                      2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Samba common files used by both the server and the client
ii  samba-dsdb-modules                    2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Samba Directory Services Database
ii  samba-libs:amd64                      2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Samba core libraries
ii  samba-vfs-modules                     2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        Samba Virtual FileSystem plugins
ii  ssh-krb5                              1:7.4p1-10+deb9u1              all          secure shell client and server (transitional package)
ii  winbind                               2:4.6.8+nmu-1~deb9             amd64        service to resolve user and group information from Windows NT servers

Happend in Windows 7 64bit, i havent tested win10 since i dont have one ready for management.
So if someone has, and also has this problem, please test and report back also.

Greetz,

Louis