[Samba] RSAT Print Management won't show shared printers under the "Printers" section

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 11 13:14:14 UTC 2017

Hai,

I can confirm that when KB4041681 is installed, a new printer isnt shown in the print manager.
You can confirm it youself also.

Follow the these steps.  ( with or without the KB installed )
add printer in cups through webinterface, ( other network printers / HP Jet direct ) Add socket: socket://hostname:9100 Ext, name disc loc connection: ( socket ) Enabled Share This Printer.

Driver RAW.
Model Raw Queue
Add printer, banner none.
Cups result : Printer Test default options have been set successfully.

Now, it takes a few min before its shown in the print manager ( if the KB is not installed )
So wait 5 min.
Then start Print management

If kb is not installed, you will see you printer.
Now, install the KB, reboot the pc.

Repeat the cups create a printer.
Again wait 5 min, 10-20 min, nothing in printer manager.

Remove the KB, reboot the PC, start print manager, and there is your printer.

So this KB is giving problems.

Test setup:
Debian Stretch 9.2
Samba 4.6.8 ( debian package of my own apt. )
Samba Member dedicated print server setup. AD backend.
Package list :

Samba and cups dont show any errors.
I've reviews all windows events.. Yes all.