[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 23 18:16:07 UTC 2017

On Tue, 23 May 2017 19:47:55 +0200
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists at xunil.at> wrote:

> Am 2017-05-23 um 19:38 schrieb Rowland Penny:
>
> >> So it sounds like I should raise that level?
> >>

> > You shouldn't need to, lets start with your new DCs smb.conf
>
> set a VM snapshot and raised it already :-P
>
> -
>
> Right now I think I screwed up the default policies somehow
>
> ntacl sysvolreset works
>
> ntacl sysvolcheck ... throws error (hard to paste right now as the
> test-LAN is completely separate from my work LAN)
>
> found  a thread pointing at a bug !?
>
> Can I reset that somehow manually?

If you are adding GPOs, then yes, by never running sysvolreset.

> The smb.conf is quite small ... I used an USB stick now:
>
> (from testparm -> )

I take it that it was 'testparm -v' and your smb.conf on disc looks
like this:

[global]
	workgroup = BUERO
	realm = my.tld
	load printers = No
	printcap name = /dev/null
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/my.tld/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
 	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
 	read only = No

In which case, what happened to 'netbios name =' ?

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong.

Rowland