[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue May 23 17:47:55 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-23 um 19:38 schrieb Rowland Penny:

>> So it sounds like I should raise that level?
>>

> You shouldn't need to, lets start with your new DCs smb.conf

set a VM snapshot and raised it already :-P

-

Right now I think I screwed up the default policies somehow

ntacl sysvolreset works

ntacl sysvolcheck ... throws error (hard to paste right now as the
test-LAN is completely separate from my work LAN)

found  a thread pointing at a bug !?

Can I reset that somehow manually?

I tried to copy over policies from another customer's DC and chgrp-ed
... no success so far.

But I can create and edit users via RSAT.

So it seems to be related to Policies for now.

The smb.conf is quite small ... I used an USB stick now:

(from testparm -> )

[global]
	workgroup = BUERO
	realm = my.tld
	passdb backend = samba_dsdb
	load printers = No
	printcap name = /dev/null
	rpc_server:tcpip = no
	rpc_daemon:spoolssd = embedded
	rpc_server:spoolss = embedded
	rpc_server:winreg = embedded
	rpc_server:ntsvcs = embedded
	rpc_server:eventlog = embedded
	rpc_server:srvsvc = embedded
	rpc_server:svcctl = embedded
	rpc_server:default = external
	winbindd:use external pipes = true
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	map archive = No
	map readonly = no
	store dos attributes = Yes
	vfs objects = dfs_samba4 acl_xattr

[netlogon]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/my.tld/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
	read only = No