[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue May 23 18:21:58 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-23 um 20:16 schrieb Rowland Penny:

>> Can I reset that somehow manually?
>
> If you are adding GPOs, then yes, by never running sysvolreset.

I only did that after sysvolcheck failed!

And I still get these problems in the GPO-management.

I translate via googling: "A processing error occurred collecting data
using this base domain controller."

this one ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7dde2a7c-416b-4ba4-8861-cfa915c4eba9/a-processing-error-occurred-collecting-data-using-this-base-domain-controller?forum=winserverGP

but that is NTFS related .... I have to browse all that

>> The smb.conf is quite small ... I used an USB stick now:
>>
>> (from testparm -> )
>
> I take it that it was 'testparm -v' and your smb.conf on disc looks
> like this:
>
> [global]
> 	workgroup = BUERO
> 	realm = my.tld
> 	server role = active directory domain controller
> 	load printers = No
> 	printcap name = /dev/null
> 	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
> [netlogon]
> 	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/my.tld/scripts
> 	read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>  	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
>  	read only = No
>

> In which case, what happened to 'netbios name =' ?

good question. maybe obsolete as it is the default?

> Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong.

Good to hear.