[Samba] smbclient ends in NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED error

basti.mueller31 at web.de basti.mueller31 at web.de
Fri Jun 9 20:30:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

After a few years I wanted to migrate my Samba 4(as a PDC,version 4.2 from debian package) to a Samba4 in AD-Mode (with classic upgrade).
The PDC is running on an OpenLDAP and his own DNS Server(bind).
As I was upgrading I was following the Samba-Wiki instruction and had no error message during this.
Now I have the issue, that I’m getting error messages when I’m executing the command „smbclient –d10 –L 192.168.15.2 –U%“.

INFO: Current debug levels:
  all: 10
  tdb: 10
  printdrivers: 10
  lanman: 10
  smb: 10
  rpc_parse: 10
  rpc_srv: 10
  rpc_cli: 10
  passdb: 10
  sam: 10
  auth: 10
  winbind: 10
  vfs: 10
  idmap: 10
  quota: 10
  acls: 10
  locking: 10
  msdfs: 10
  dmapi: 10
  registry: 10
  scavenger: 10
  dns: 10
  ldb: 10
lp_load_ex: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
INFO: Current debug levels:
  all: 10
  tdb: 10
  printdrivers: 10
  lanman: 10
  smb: 10
  rpc_parse: 10
  rpc_srv: 10
  rpc_cli: 10
  passdb: 10
  sam: 10
  auth: 10
  winbind: 10
  vfs: 10
  idmap: 10
  quota: 10
  acls: 10
  locking: 10
  msdfs: 10
  dmapi: 10
  registry: 10
  scavenger: 10
  dns: 10
  ldb: 10
Processing section "[global]"
doing parameter workgroup = EXAMPLE
doing parameter realm = example.com
doing parameter netbios name = PDC
doing parameter server role = active directory domain controller
doing parameter server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
doing parameter idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
pm_process() returned Yes
lp_servicenumber: couldn't find homes
added interface br0 ip=192.168.15.2 bcast=192.168.15.255 netmask=255.255.255.0
Netbios name list:-
my_netbios_names[0]="PDC"
Client started (version 4.2.14-Debian).
Connecting to 192.168.15.2 at port 445
Connecting to 192.168.15.2 at port 139
Connection to 192.168.15.2 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

Nslookup shows me this:
root at server:/# nslookup localhost
Server:		192.168.15.2
Address:	192.168.15.2#53

Name:	localhost
Address: 127.0.0.1
# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = EXAMPLE
    realm = example.com
    netbios name = PDC
    server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
[netlogon]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/example.com/scripts
    read only = No
[sysvol]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
    read only = No
My resolv.conf:
domain example.com
search example.com
nameserver 192.168.15.2
What could be the reason that no connection can be developed?