[Samba] smbclient ends in NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED error

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 9 21:04:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 22:30:48 +0200
"basti.mueller31--- via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a few years I wanted to migrate my Samba 4(as a PDC,version 4.2
> from debian package) to a Samba4 in AD-Mode (with classic upgrade).
> The PDC is running on an OpenLDAP and his own DNS Server(bind).

This is confusing, you have upgraded from a PDC and you have called
your new DC 'PDC', so I hope you mean the old PDC was running openldap.

> As I
> was upgrading I was following the Samba-Wiki instruction and had no
> error message during this. Now I have the issue, that I’m getting
> error messages when I’m executing the command „smbclient –d10 –L
> 192.168.15.2 –U%“.

Try it like this: smbclient -L localhost

> My resolv.conf:
> domain example.com
> search example.com
> nameserver 192.168.15.2

'domain' and 'search' are mutually exclusive in /etc/resolv.conf, or to
put it another way, you cannot have both, the last one wins, so I
suggest you remove the 'domain' line ;-)

> What could be the reason that no connection can be developed?

Don't really know (yet), can you post:

/etc/krb5.conf
/etc/hosts
/etc/hostname