[Samba] unable to upload printer driver

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Tue Jun 6 21:17:24 UTC 2017

FYI, Samba does not support Version4 drivers, that's why the Kyocera XPS
drivers did not work.
(https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Clients)
The latest kyocera universal drivers (Version 3.1) only work for me if i
remove below mentioned sections.
We use C5150DN's here with older universal drivers from 2013, those are
signed drivers and do not have the PackageAware sections.

Am 06.06.2017 um 15:27 schrieb Achim Gottinger via samba:
> Hmm after another try an windows 7 client 32 and 64 bit can install
> such an driver now. Sorry for the noise. :-)
>

> Am 06.06.2017 um 15:10 schrieb Achim Gottinger via samba:
>> Please ignore the recommendation, such an driver can not be assigned
>> to an printer.
>>
>> Am 06.06.2017 um 14:54 schrieb Achim Gottinger via samba:
>>> I can install Kyocera Universal KPDL drivers once i delete the
>>> sections:
>>>
>>> [PrinterPackageInstallation.x86]
>>> PackageAware=TRUE