[Samba] point n print driver deployment for canon ip7250

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 21 12:42:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

Yes thats correct.
But try the following.
Make sure you use the usermapping.

username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
containing:
!root = NTDOM\Administrator NTDOM\administrator Administrator administrator

And according to the wiki.  (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point%27n%27Print_automatic_printer_driver_deployment)

For POSIX ACLs:
# chgrp -R "SAMDOM\Domain Admins" /srv/samba/Printer_drivers/
# chmod -R 2755 /srv/samba/Printer_drivers/
Is wrong in my opinion.

# chmod -R 2775 /srv/samba/Printer_drivers/
Looks better to me.

How else are "members of domain admins" allowed to write in the /srv/samba/Printer_drivers/ folder?

Rowland, can you confirm this?

But i use the https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs  setup.
This is my share setup:
[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers
   path = /home/samba/printing/drivers
   acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
   writable = yes
   guest ok = no

last tip. ( for win64 drivers )
cd /smb/Printer_drivers
ln -s x64 X64

i noticed some drivers used capital X in the X64

Greetz,

Louis