[Samba] point n print driver deployment for canon ip7250

niya levi niyalevi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:27:36 UTC 2016

On 21/11/16 10:14, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Read this link
>
> http://serverfault.com/questions/573411/why-cant-i-upload-drivers-to-my-samba-print-server
>
> I think the same problem.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

i have a related issue before i can proceed with the first problem,
i have set up samba and the print server following the wiki page
for printer driver deployment

net rpc rights list accounts -U administrator
TISSISAT\Domain Admins
SePrintOperatorPrivilege

smb.conf
[print$]
                comment = Printer Drivers
                path = /smb/Printer_drivers
                writeable = yes

ls -al /smb/Printer_drivers
total 4
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins   78 Oct 30 15:25 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root          4096 Nov 14 03:18 ..
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 IA64
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 W32ALPHA
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 W32MIPS
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 W32PPC
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 W32X86
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 WIN40
drwxr-sr-x 1 root domain admins    0 Oct 30 15:25 x64

i log on to my win10 laptop as administrator and start up rsat printer
management
i've added the print server
when i try to add a driver i get an error saying
failed  to add driver
access is denied

any ideas ?
shadrock