[Samba] Samba4 fail linux machine join to ADS

Informatico Neurodesarrollo infneurodcr.mtz at infomed.sld.cu
Mon Feb 27 13:16:46 UTC 2017

Helo friends:
This is my smb.conf file, runing in openSUSE 42.1 system and SAMBA acts
as a DNS proxy to Bind

# Global parameters
[global]
         netbios name = SERVERDOM
         realm = POLRMVAR.MTZ.SLD.CU
         workgroup = POLRMVAR
         dns forwarder = 10.44.0.5
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc
         ldap server require strong auth = no
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

And the client's linux machine (Linux Mint 18.1)configuration I try to join:

[global]
            security = ADS
            workgroup = POLRMVAR
            realm = POLRMVAR.MTZ.SLD.CU
            netbios name = el nombre de tu PC en MAYÚSCULA
            add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser --quiet
--disabled-password --gecos
            log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
            log level = 1

            # Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local
accounts/groups
             idmap config *:backend = tdb
             idmap config *:range = 2000-9999

             # Idmap config for domain POLRMVAR
             idmap config POLRMVAR:backend = ad
             idmap config POLRMVAR:schema_mode = rfc2307
             idmap config POLRMVAR:range = 10000-99999

             # Winbind
             winbind separator = +
             winbind enum users = yes
             winbind enum groups = yes
             winbind cache time = 10
             auth methods = winbind
             winbind use default domain = true
             winbind offline logon = false

             # Use template settings for login shell and home directory
             winbind nss info = template
             template shell = /sbin/nologin
             template homedir = /home/usuarios/%U

Kerberos and NTP on the side of client's machine work fine

When I try to join to ADS:

#net ads join -U Administrator
Enter Administrator's password:
ldb: unable to stat module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No such
file or directory

[I don't know if is side of server or th linux's client machine and,Why?]

Using short domain name -- POLRMVAR
Joined 'INFORMATICA2' to dns domain 'polrmvar.mtz.sld.cu'

[the machine has already joined to ADS Domaind ?????]

DNS Update for informática2.polrmvar.mtz.sld.cu failed:
ERROR_DNS_INVALID_NAME

[I was checked the sintaxis in named config file but informatica2 DNS
update failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
               don't have acent]

T.I.A.

--

Jesús Reyes Piedra
Admin Red Neurodearrollo,Cárdenas

--
Este mensaje le ha llegado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece Infomed para respaldar el cumplimiento de las misiones del Sistema Nacional de Salud. La persona que envia este correo asume el compromiso de usar el servicio a tales fines y cumplir con las regulaciones establecidas

Infomed: http://www.sld.cu/