[Samba] Samba4 fail linux machine join to ADS

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 27 15:53:29 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:16:46 -0500
Informatico Neurodesarrollo via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Helo friends:
> This is my smb.conf file, runing in openSUSE 42.1 system and SAMBA
> acts as a DNS proxy to Bind

Well stop it being a proxy, the DC should be authoritative for the
domain.

> # Global parameters
> [global]
>          netbios name = SERVERDOM
>          realm = POLRMVAR.MTZ.SLD.CU
>          workgroup = POLRMVAR
>          dns forwarder = 10.44.0.5
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc

What happened to 'dnsupdate' and 'dns' ?
Is a dns server running on the DC ?

>          ldap server require strong auth = no
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>

> And the client's linux machine (Linux Mint 18.1)configuration I try
> to join:
>
> [global]
>             security = ADS
>             workgroup = POLRMVAR
>             realm = POLRMVAR.MTZ.SLD.CU
>             netbios name = el nombre de tu PC en MAYƚSCULA

Your netbios name is way too long and it doesn't seem to be the clients
short hostname.

>             add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser --quiet
> --disabled-password --gecos

Sorry, this isn't goping to work.

> #net ads join -U Administrator
> Enter Administrator's password:
> ldb: unable to stat module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No
> such file or directory

Have you installed all the samba packages ?

Rowland