[Samba] Samba firts DC fail over

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:53:26 UTC 2017

Without any configuration, command outputs for troubleshooting you are not
going to get very far on this.

I suggest you run some troubleshooting commands on the client computer.

resolv.conf isn't a good place to put DNS as it has no way of dealing with
SRV records. It is better to make sure your DNS servers are working
properly. Each DC should be a DNS server for the domain

nslookup is a good start.

I would start to see if it is sees what it is suppose to in DNS

nslookup domainname

or

nslookup domainname <ip of active DC>

you can use --type=SRV to get SRV records

nslookup --type=SRV _ldap._tcp.domainname
make sure all the needed resolves can be made from the clients.

then try making the connections maybe use telnet (from the clients) to try
and access the ports

Maybe you have a firewall on your other servers that you need to turn off?