[Samba] Auto creations AD computers accounts.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Feb 5 12:08:30 UTC 2017

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 09:19:18 +0200
Dmitriy Merzlov <rxwrxrx at gmail.com> wrote:

> So do you have any suggestions, How can I prevent creating this
> folders computer accounts with owner domain_computers,
> Or I need to set up daily script in crontab to remove folders with
> mask hostname* as workaround?:

As I said, Samba isn't directly creating the home dirs, your OS is.
Your OS seems to be creating the computer home dirs because the winbind
'rid' backend is telling it that your computers are users. As I said
previously, a computers object in AD is virtually the same as a users,
in fact the only real difference is that a computer account has an
extra objectclass 'objectclass: computer'.

So, I think you have two options here, change to using the winbind 'ad'
backend and give your users a uidNumber attribute and 'Domain Users' a
gidNumber. This way your computer accounts will be ignored by winbind.

Your other option, because you are using RHEL, you should have an
account with red-hat, so ask them if there is any way to config your OS
to ignore the computer accounts.

Rowland