[Samba] Auto creations AD computers accounts.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Feb 4 19:31:10 UTC 2017

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 21:14:33 +0200
Dmitriy Merzlov <rxwrxrx at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not mean, that I create accounts via smbpasswd. I just add
> already exsisting AD accounts using this command for access to the
> server.

You shouldn't need to, you are using the winbind 'rid' backend, so
your AD users should automatically become local Unix users as well,
provided the libnss links and PAM are setup correctly.

> Samba installed as member DC.

Sorry, but if you referring to the RHEL5 machine, it isn't, it is a
Unix domain member. A member DC is something else entirely.

> I have another Debian server with newest version Samba 4.x.x & and I
> have not a problem same like this.

Yes, debian is a lot easier to set up

> But I can not upgrade this server because have old software running
> only on Rhel5/centos5

I take it this is some proprietary software that you cannot upgrade

Rowland