[Samba] Can not change the share permissions

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 6 19:43:11 UTC 2017

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:19:04 -0400
Rommel Rodriguez Toirac via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I follow your guides to configure the Domain member server and the
> file server. In this message I send the result of some checks that
> you propouse in this guide plus other that I read in some messages of
> the list.
>
> Refered to smb2 error I used the solution propupoused, "server
> signing" with all option (default, mandatory, disabled and auto) and
> always the same answer.
>
> Rommel Rodriguez Toirac
> rommelrt at nauta.cu

OK, if I do this:
sudo net rpc rights list privileges
[sudo] password for rowland:
Enter root's password:

I get this:

Bad SMB2 signature for message
[0000] 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........ ........
[0000] E7 45 31 59 C0 1A 77 A8   F1 FB 5B 74 9F F6 8D 79   .E1Y..w. ..[t...y
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

So that doesn't work

This didn't either:

net rpc rights list privileges -UAdministrator
Failed to init messaging context

But this does:

sudo net rpc rights list privileges -UAdministrator
Enter Administrator's password:
     SeMachineAccountPrivilege  Add machines to domain
      SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege  Take ownership of files or other objects
             SeBackupPrivilege  Back up files and directories
            SeRestorePrivilege  Restore files and directories
     SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege  Force shutdown from a remote system
      SePrintOperatorPrivilege  Manage printers
           SeAddUsersPrivilege  Add users and groups to the domain
       SeDiskOperatorPrivilege  Manage disk shares
           SeSecurityPrivilege  System security

These were all run a Unix domain member, so it sounds like your
problems are down to a permissions problem.

Rowland